The St. Regis New York is a Category 7 Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Hotel.
Category 7 is the highest category for SPG Hotels. It is the Louis Vuitton of bags and the Ferrari of cars. It is exclusively located in certain parts of the world.
New York has 3 Category 7 SPG hotels: The St. Regis New York ($895/night), The Chatwal ($489/night), and Grammercy Park Hotel ($399/night).
With the same amount of SPG points (30,000-35,000/night) needed to stay at each hotel, Mr. C and I chose to redeem our points on one of the most expensive hotels in New York, The St. Regis New York. Few days before our check-in, we were notified that our room was upgraded to a Specialty Suite for no extra charge. ♥ It’s one of the perks of being an SPG Platinum Member.
Now, to answer the question: How luxurious is The St. Regis New York?
It is VERY, VERY luxurious!
- The glamorous hotel is fully decorated with gold, vintage ornaments and chandeliers.
- Excellent customer service – everything that you would expect from a Category 7 hotel
- We had a personal butler. He welcomed us as we arrived on our floor and gave a tour of the suite. He is also in charge of laundry and ironing, shoe shine, packing and unpacking, and serving in-room breakfast and beverages.
- The beautiful Specialty Suite has a high ceiling and a sophisticated, rich red theme. When we entered the room, the Bose sound system was playing classical music which enhanced the mood.
- The suite has 2 full marble bathrooms with heated floors, rain showers, and bidet. The bathroom near the bedroom has jetted tub and double sinks. It also includes luxurious bath amenities.
- Both living room and bedroom are very spacious and decorated with crystal chandeliers.
- The room has the top technology (which I really enjoyed). It has a central remote that controls the suite’s temperature, privacy options, lighting (day, night, movie modes), and electronic shades and drapes (check the video).
As a welcome amenity to Platinum Members, there’s an option between SPG points or complimentary breakfast. We availed the complimentary breakfast to start our busy day. Mr. C ordered the Soft Poached Egg with Caviar while I had the Crab Cakes Benedict. When our bill came, we couldn’t believe what we saw. These entrees and 2 glasses of apple juice amounted to $115, including tip. But then again, it was complimentary breakfast so everything was waived. Phew!
It was a unique experience! All these luxuries and we didn’t spend a penny.
Pin it for later
One Reply to “How Luxurious is the St. Regis New York Hotel?”
[…] The bathroom is also spacious with 130 sq. ft area. It had two vanity sinks, bathtub and shower. Its golden accessories and marble design reminded me of our stay at St. Regis New York. […]