With just one email exchange, we acquired Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond Membership through the Hyatt Status Match promo.
We simply sent an email at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding its Gold Passport Status Match offer. We provided our Gold Passport account no., a screenshot of our current Platinum Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) membership status and the history of our SPG stay from 2015 to 2016.
By getting the Diamond status, we received 4 free Diamond Suite upgrades that can be applied to a reservation by Feb. 29, 2016. We stayed for the weekend and availed a free upgrade.
Our Diamond status will be valid until Feb. 2017.
We could maintain the status by completing 25 eligible stays or 50 nights this year.
We’re still deciding if we will distribute our stays between Hilton and SPG or continue building our points in SPG.
Requirements to qualify for the Hyatt Status Match offer:
- Must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member (you can register for free at goldpassport.com)
- Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum member:
- Current Gold or Platinum SPG membership status
- At least 1 night with SPG between Jan. 1, 2015 to Feb. 29, 2016
- Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond member:
- Current Platinum SPG membership status
- At least 20 nights with SPG in 2015 or between Jan. 1-Feb. 29, 2016
For more details, you can visit Hyatt’s promo here.